Here we are, less than a month until our very first event ever, Community B.A.S.H. (Summer Splash). We got everything and everyone ready to go and we can’t wait to celebrate summer and amazing art and music with you all. While we all impatiently wait for the big date we want to introduce you to some of the musicians that will bless our ears with groovy live music on July 23rd.
The first artist that we had the pleasure of chatting with is the smooth alternative duo It’s Butter. Los Angeles native Britta Raci and Colombian drummer Diego Patiño met in Hollywood a few years ago while attending the world’s famous Musicians Institute. It only took a few jam sessions to make them aware of their strong musical bond so, in 2014, they officially decided to commit to the project and better the course of today’s popular music. With her smooth chill Cali vibes, Britta brings to the plate jazzy and tasty guitar leaks as well as soft and sweet yet sassy vocals. Diego impeccably completes the sound and image of the band with slick, clean cut drum beats and irreplaceable facial expressions. Where’s all this coming from? You may wonder. Well, according to the duo it all started with “grooving” a reggae version of System Of A Down’s Toxicity”. Intrigued yet? Keep reading to know more about It’s Butter.
- Let’s start with most asked questions in the history of band interviews. Where does the name, “It’s Butter”, come from? Tell us the story behind it. The name It's Butter was actually created through a friend! We couldn't decide on a band name, and a friend of ours told us we sounded "smooth like butter." After we found out there was already a band with the name "Butter," we temporarily decided on "It's Butter" but ended up sticking.
- Now that we got that out of the way, let’s continue with the most hated question in the history of band interviews. What do you guys sound like? But to make it more fun and different, I want you guys to describe your music style using only movie titles. Wow this one is hard... "Half Baked" meets "Pretty In Pink" (haha)
- What inspires you to make your music? And by “what” I mean anything, objects, food, people, animals…
Every day life experience and human interaction is where we get our inspiration from.
- Everyone has a favorite 90’s jam. What is yours? There will be no judgment what so ever affiliated to your answer. I promise. We both gotta admit our fave 90's jam is definitely "Who Let The Dogs Out"! - If you could choose someone to open for on a world tour who would it be? Dead or alive…since all the good ones are dying Diego: Sublime! Britta: I'd die to go on tour with Hiatus Kaiyote. - From 1 to “OMFGTYSHEYSTAGAG I’M DYINGGGGG” how excited are you to perform at Community B.A.S.H.? What are you expecting from the event? We are definitely at the "OMFGTYSHEYSTAGAG I’M DYINGGGGG" stage. We're expecting a fun event with some good homies! We're playing some new bangers, and releasing a single the weekend before, so we are excited to share our new song "The Love You Give (Is The Love You Get)" at the show.
- Ok final question and also weirdest one. You’ve been given a giraffe. You can’t give it away or sell it. What would you do with the giraffe? We'd definitely bring the giraffe to every show, and let people chill with him. We'd probably name him Ron. Make sure you go check out It’s Butter’s music on their artist page. Follow them on Facebook and Instagram and come check them out live at Community B.A.S.H. – Summer Splash on July 23rd!